Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Fat Quarter Addiction Part VII: Another Skirt For Sweet Pea

So you knew it was just a matter of time before I started digging through my fat quarters again. In fact, truth be told, I've accumulated quite a few new ones this summer, and WITH Sweet Pea's help too! Here is one that she fell in deep love with immediately. Monkeys! I used this tutorial here: http://blog.megannielsen.com/2011/05/how-to-make-scallop-hem-shorts-from-old-shorts/

Megan explains the process perfectly. I, on the other hand, did not follow the tutorial perfectly. Or so it would appear. My scallops pull and pucker a tiny bit. But I swear I did it just the way she outlines. I added my scallops to a very simple skirt. A big rectangle of fabric with a casing sewn at the top. The casing is made from the same yellow fabric as the scallops. I threaded elastic through the casing.

Oh well. I still think it is cute. And so does Sweet Pea. Boy, she sure has trouble standing still!

No comments:

Post a Comment