Friday, August 26, 2011

I Did It!!!

I just had to document this day...

I ran four miles today. This is something I've never done before. While this may be no big deal for many people, probably tons of people the world over, it's a huge, ginormous deal for me. I've always had issues with strenuous activity, stamina, etc. This is due in large part to heart problems I've had since birth. Without going into much detail I will say this: I asked my cardiologist this summer if I could run a half marathon this fall and he said no. He told me that I was at a much higher risk than other heart patients. So I let that goal fall to the wayside. Bummer. But I've continued to run and increase my distance. Granted I don't run fast. And it's not pretty to watch I'm sure. But I don't care. I'm at four miles! (I'm patting myself on the back RIGHT NOW.)

No comments:

Post a Comment