Sunday, December 12, 2010

Deck the halls...fa la la la la la la la la




Superman and I decorated for the holidays the day after the day after Thanksgiving. (We couldn't do it the day after because that's my annual ALL DAY girls' day out with my sisters and mom. Smile.) We decided to make our decorations this year. We used my new Cricut, which I'm excited about, it's bigger than my old one, and cut out all kinds of stuff for the house. Nothing out-of-this-world spectacular but very cute nonetheless. Here are some ornaments for the tree. We made snowflakes, trees, candycanes, and balls. Pumpkin actually helped with these. Superman cut out a zillion little paper lights for me to make a garland. We used a silver paint pen to fill in the top of each light and strung them together. Nice. I also made gift tags. (Again, with Pumpkin's help, she loved pressing the buttons on the Cricut.) And I hung a banner (or bunting of sorts) across our big patio window that I made last year with the old Cricut.





My favorite addition this year, by far, would have to be the snowflakes that Superman cut out to hang from our ceiling. We hung them in strings to form a flowing "curtain" of snow between our kitchen and livingroom. I love them so much. And until last night they were really the only snowflakes flying around here at all.




*Just a note, I've linked up at tatertots and jello and creative little daisy




Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!



5 comments:

  1. Such pretty ornaments for your tree and love that airy snowflake mobile. Must look like it's snowing indoors when you stand under it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! It all turned out lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Thank you so much for linking up! This is exactly what I was hoping for. I will be making gift tags and snowflakes and I may have to get a small tree, just so I can make some of those ornaments. Thank you for coming to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, all your decorations remind me of my home, when all my boys were little. Happy Days!!. Every Holiday we would decorate and believe me, when my kids were young, we didn't have all these wonderful gizmos to help us. that is why I love it now, I can help decorate for my grandchildren. Your ornaments are fabulous, and I enjoyed the rest of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful holiday decor. I love that you and your family made homemade ornaments and decorations! My favorite is that whimsical curtain of delicate snowflakes. Enchanting!

    ReplyDelete