Sunday, June 17, 2012

Perfect medicine...

I spent some time outside today.  I haven't been feeling well lately, actually that's an understatement, and the fresh air was wonderful.  I read a little.  I painted a little.  I did a little homework.  (Crazy I know.)  But the best part of my day was when Sweet Pea came outside to play.  She walked over to me and told me she was sorry I was feeling sick.  She told me I was a good mommy.  She also told me I was soooo beautiful.  It was very hard not to laugh at that one.  I've been in bed for two days straight. 


But I will take her unsolicited and unexpected offers of affection and expressions of love.  I will hold on to them and keep them safe in my heart.  I will treasure these moments because I know that someday there might be other moments.  Ones that are more difficult.  Times when we might disagree or even say things we don't really mean.  She is my daughter after all.  And I know what it's like to be a daughter.  


Her sticky hugs and kisses, her smile, her laugh, the way she snuggles up to me...by golly she is the best.  No medicine I've taken over the course of the past 48 hours has made me feel better than hearing her say "Momma, I love you, soooo much."  




And then she painted my nails for me. Best. Manicure. EVER.  :)






   

No comments:

Post a Comment