Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back up...finally

So, thanks to my beautiful sister, over here, I am back up. There will still be some adjustments to the ol' blog as my past posts are a bit messed up. I will get them edited as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by even though I often seem to drop off the face of the planet for extended periods of time!

Tomorrow is the last day of school, at least in the district I work in. I love the opportunity the summer provides me to focus on my own work. I think that there are people out there who think that teachers just kick it back and play the summer away. I don't think I've had a single summer "off" in my entire teaching career. And while I may not be in front of a class lecturing, demonstrating an art technique or process, reviewing terminology, teaching about commercial advertising or computer animation, I am working. I'm painting, taking classes, doing some photography, sewing, teaching adult art classes, reading, creating new lesson plans, updating my professional portfolio...there is so much that needs to be done. I will have fun too, don't get me wrong. We like us some serious fun around these parts. Sweet Pea is sooooo excited to have Mom and Dad around and we're excited to be able to spend more time with her. So, here's to summer! (My favorite time of year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment