Monday, November 1, 2010

When the cat is away, the mice will play...

So the other day I found out what happens when you put Pumpkin down for a nap and forget to latch the safety lock on the closet door. She doesn't really nap anymore. Not really. Not at our house anyway. She will nap for Auntie, but not for me. So we call it "rest" time. (She doesn't really do that either though...I mean, who are we kidding?)

She was "resting" and I was trying to get ahead on laundry, and some baking, and cleaning, and the dishes, and a hundred other little things that have been piling up around here. I guess I was pretty focused or preoccupied or whatever. I never even heard her. (Which really is something because our place is pretty small and she was only about ten steps away from me behind a closed door...a closed door that is WAAAAY thicker than I realized.)

She opened her closet door. Then she had some fun. I'm only guessing here, but based on the photos I would say that she pulled some stuff off the top of her little drawers and maybe out of the drawers too. When that wasn't thrilling enough anymore she pulled her little rocking chair over to the closet and, as she was teetering back and forth, pulled all the clothes she could reach on her tip toes off the hangers and tossed them all in a huge pile on the floor. Meh. I had to go through her closet anyway. She was helping me out really...

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha!!! I left the closet door open in her "room" the other day and found all kinds of fun stuff I didn't even remember we had....

    ReplyDelete